What to Eat When Your Kitchen is Being Remodeled
Southern Belt Construction offers kitchen remodeling in Houston, tx. For more information, call (713) 930-0003.
Cooking and meal planning while renovating a kitchen. Are you looking for recipes to prepare during a kitchen renovation? However, we only had to dine out a couple of times with some forethought! Is the food you consume while renovating your kitchen going to be the healthiest or cheapest of your life? Nope. Is this going to be the most environmentally conscious period of your life, given the number of paper plates and utensils you’ll be using?
Here Are Some Suggestions and Strategies that Proved Beneficial to Us!
Preparing for a kitchen should entail putting up a temporary kitchen (for easy-to-follow instructions, click here) and doing some basic meal preparation. This article will provide you with numerous suggestions to get you started.
It is entirely up to you how many meals you include on your list. If you choose seven meals, you can alternate them weekly. If you choose twenty meals, you will not have to repeat them as frequently and have a greater variety of possibilities.
Your meal plan list does not have to be exhaustive or well-organized. You do not need to specify the meal you consume on specific days. Even a simple meal plan, such as “BBQ chicken, potatoes, and bagged salad,” will eliminate the guesswork associated with what to eat during your renovation.
Replenish Your Freezer
Prepare some meals in advance and store them in your freezer. With a well-stocked freezer, reheating a one-dish meal in a toaster oven or crockpot during your kitchen remodel is a breeze.
By batch cooking, you can quickly and easily stock your freezer. Double up on some of the meals you prepare in the weeks coming up to your renovation and freeze half. It will only take a few minutes longer. Freeze these meals in foil pans to save time and space.
Utilize Pre-Made Foods
Simplicity is critical when renovating your kitchen. Utilize prepared items from the grocery store. Spend a little extra on pre-chopped veggies and fruit to save time and space in your makeshift kitchen. Simplify meal preparation using vacuum-packed or canned fruit, bottled sauces and dips, and canned beans and lentils.
Stock your cupboard with snack foods such as granola bars, nuts, and dried fruit. Even if you’re not a lover of processed meals, some canned soups and other packaged items may be a more inexpensive and healthier option during your renovation than another fast-food lunch. You’ll appreciate them on days when you’re pressed for time or too exhausted to think about cooking.
Consider the deli section of your local supermarket. Treat yourself to a pre-cooked chicken and one of the restaurant’s freshly prepared salads or side dishes. You’ll even find freshly prepared sandwiches that are ideal for a quick lunch. You can check out the best idea with a Houston tx kitchen remodeler.
Consider Taking a Break from Cooking
There will be days when you lack the energy (or room) to prepare, even with preparation and planning. Spend some money on dining out throughout your makeover. It will be more than a pleasant diversion from food preparation; you will appreciate the change of scenery and a different spot to unwind for a bit.
Consider organizing a weekend getaway during your kitchen remodel for a true treat. Two or three days away from home with meals prepared for you will be a nice reprieve. What to eat when your kitchen is being remodeled?
Create a Social Event Out of Meals
The disturbance caused by a house remodeling does not affect your social life. It might be beneficial to establish new memories and relationships centered on food!
- Invite yourself to a friend’s house for dinner, but offer to prepare or organize a potluck with something basic like store-bought buns or salad.
- Organize a batch-cooking session at a friend’s residence. Everyone pitches in and takes home a few frozen dinners.
- Please make a point of paying a visit to some elderly friends or relatives and sharing a dinner with them. They will be appreciative of your company.
- Visit a nearby park with a firepit and prepare food “camp-style” — hot dogs, smores, foil-wrapped potatoes, and so on.
- Take a picnic.
Simple & Quick Meal Ideas to Prepare During Your Kitchen Renovation
Let’s face it: the most difficult part of feeding a family is deciding what to cook. If you know what you’re cooking and have the necessary supplies, the rest is a straightforward matter of following the cooking directions.
These suggestions can assist you in determining what to eat throughout your kitchen renovation.
- Maintain quick and cold breakfasts with minimal cleanup.
- Yogurt with fruit and granola
- Hard-boiled eggs and fruit (make a dozen at a time)
- Bananas or apples with nut butter
- Oats overnight
- Sucre de chia
- Packets of instant oatmeal
- Bars with protein
The midday lunch might be challenging. If you work outside the home, it’s tempting to take the easy way out and eat out every day for lunch. Here are a few suggestions for minimizing the possibility:
- Salads and sandwiches prepared in advance at the grocery store deli
- Wraps for sandwiches (lettuce or tortilla)
- Suggestions (canned or purchased from a deli)
- A classic sack lunch consisting of fresh veggie sticks (which you can purchase prepared at the grocery store), applesauce or a fruit cup, and a sandwich (peanut butter and jam is easy)
- Pre-mixed tuna packages
- Sushi sashimi (bought from the grocery store)
- Any of the breakfast alternatives outlined previously.
- Remainings of last night’s meal
Supper food selections are highly subjective. Bear in mind to prepare some freezer dinners and to utilize your BBQ. Here are a few suggestions:
- For the barbeque
- Breasts or thighs of chicken
- Potatoes covered with foil
- Chops de porc ou tenderloin
- Skewers of shrimp
- Fillets de Poisson
- From the Refrigerator
- Pasta in spaghetti sauce
- Pork that has been pulled (easy to make in a crockpot)
- Fish twigs
- Fingers de poulet
- Fries françaises
- Potatoes mashed (these can be made ahead of your reno and frozen for easy reheating)
- Salads in bags
- Raw vegetables that have been prepared (purchase a week’s supply of vegetables at the grocery shop)
- Vegetables in cans
- Quinoa, rice, and pasta (prepared on the hot plate, in the microwave, or steamer)
- Vegetables grilled (wrap in foil packets and cook on your BBQ)
- Desserts & Snacks
- Snacks are simple because stores are brimming with ready-to-eat options. Several instances:
- Fruit that has been dried
- Bars de granola
- Cups of yogurt
- Cups of fruit
- Bars de fruits
- Salsa y tortillas
- Slices of cheese (can purchase pre-sliced)
- Sticks of pepperoni
Develop an Appetite for Leftovers
For your family, redefine leftovers. Planned leftovers are delectable. For instance, one night, make a pork shoulder roast with potatoes, carrots, and onions in your crockpot. Use the remaining pork to create tacos and pulled pork sandwiches over the next couple of days.
It takes some imagination, but it is feasible to serve leftovers without feeling like you are constantly eating the same thing. For instance, a leftover rotisserie chicken can be transformed into a casserole or added to a pan of nachos or soup pot.
Leftovers served in this manner are economical and save you time and work during the cooking and cleanup.
Maintain Simplicity for Easier Cooking and Cleanup
Utilizing disposable plates and cookware simplifies cleanup. While this is an additional investment, it is temporary and can assist you in surviving the restoration stage if you’re concerned about environmental impact, recyclable, compostable, and biodegradable solutions.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking pans with parchment paper or nonstick foil. Utilize a disposable crockpot liner. Anything that reduces the quantity of cleaning required after cooking is beneficial at the moment.
When stocking your renovation pantry, keep cleanliness in mind. The more components and dishes you need to create and consume your dinner, the more cleanup you’ll need to do. You do not need to use every single ingredient you keep on hand. Make do with some essentials (such as vinegaMakeuce). Consider the cleaning process before selecting meals to cook. Meals that produce sticky dishes demand more cleanup than less saucy meals.
Essentials for Cooking During a Kitchen Renovation
At the very least, a well-stocked temporary renovation kitchen will comprise the following:
- Refrigerator – even a modest bar refrigerator will suffice
- Slow cooker and Instapot
- Kettle electric
- Oven toaster
- Fryer aerated (not essential, but useful)
- One frying pan, nonstick, or electric skillet
- One jug
- Another alternative is to purchase camping equipment.
If you do not have any of these goods, ask friends and relatives for them. You can borrow them while you are renovating your kitchen. In addition, check thrift stores. You do not need to spend a fortune to establish a fully functional temporary kitchen.
When You Don’t Have a Kitchen
It is possible to eat nutritious meals while remodeling your kitchen. Prepare for your kitchen renovation by following these guidelines. Physically, you’ll feel better and be more equipped to deal with the insanity of renovating life.